<<< Monday, January 10, 2005 >>>


(She’s got) Bloggability

Mike and Gwen were over last night for a nice smorgasbord of dinner, drinks, tunes, and talk. We ruminated over the idea of God, ate kabobs, and got down to Dungen, the 101, and Lo Borges. I busted out some new DVD action and gave ‘em a brief sampling of Ray Charles ca. ’64 and Can ca. ’72, before capping the evening with the Mork & Mindy pilot episode ca. ‘78. Nanoo, nanoo, beeyatch.

I was having such a good time that I temporarily forgot I had to work the next morning...fortunately I didn’t overdo the spiced rum, so I did, in fact, make it into the office today. It was nice of them to make a point to come by. With our relocation plans on the upswing (though still hazy), and Michael P. on tour for most of the next three months, I don’t know how much time I’ll get to spend with him before my girl and I leave this town in a cloud of smoke.

Link

And then there were two: mystery bloggers, that is. After reading Saturday’s post about my friend who started a blog but kept it a secret (or tried to, anyway), another good friend of mine emailed to inform me that she, too, had a secret blog (dating back nearly a year)! She actually gave me the address of hers, albeit with strict instructions: I could read it, but I could not unleash my inner promoter and call her out on this site.

Damn! Don’t you people know how difficult that is for me? What is it with these covert ops anyway? But don’t worry, Mystery Blogger #2, your secret is safe with me.

The irony of this is that both of my mystery bloggers are writing quality stuff, SO much better than 95% of the (mostly) crap you get by clicking the Next Blog button. Ah well.

So...dear readers....are there more of you out there? Who will be the next Mystery Blogger? Anonymous informants, drop me a line, and tune in tomorrow….


Tonight’s Complete Playlist:
Modest MouseGood News for People who Love Bad News
Heart – s/t
Death Leprosy
Everything But the Girl Eden
Mastodon Leviathan
The ShaggsShaggs’ Own Thing
Boards of CanadaMusic Has the Right to Children
Phil Spector’s Christmas Album (a holdover from ’04)
Richard & Linda ThompsonI Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight
Gene VincentCruisin’ With Gene Vincent and the Bottle Caps
The DillardsLive…Almost
Tyrannosaurus RexBeard of Stars
The Go FindMiami
Swans The Burning World
Fiendin' for more skullbloggery? Scour the archives: