<<< Wednesday, January 05, 2005 >>>


Work Gets in the Way

I’ve spent most of the last six hours surfing from blog to blog and back again, with breaks only to eat, piss, walk the dog, and shovel the driveway.

I’m feeling a bit cyber-dizzy.

And lovin’ it.

Thank you Firefox, for tabbed browsing. My friends, if you have not done so already, proceed with the download and say goodbye to Internet Explorer.

I found a LOT of great writing out there, and blogs to make me jealous (peep yonder linkage--->)...but far more is just crap.

I’ve been really, really diggin’ on Morgan Geist’s Unclassics DJ mix, "a collection of Italodisco, Euroboogie & other sonic rarities." I always assumed there was more to disco than the YMCA, but I was ill prepared for such kick-ass-edness! Next thing you know, I’ll be hitting the clubs! Yet another genre to explore...(heavy sigh mixed with requisite music-geek anticipation)...

Oh, and tonight was the night that I finally “got” Richard and Linda Thompson. (Or at least side one of I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight.) Wow. I understand now. I understand.

Article of the Day: Was Lincoln Bisexual? By Gore Vidal

Link of the Day: Missouri Trailer Trash

Band of the Day: The Undoing of David Wright
How weird. That was my late father’s name.

Tasteless Quote of the Day: "Just think: If we'd invaded your countries, killed your leaders, and converted you to Christianity, you'd all be opening Christmas presents . . .about now."
Ann Coulter, of course. Who else?


--It’s after midnight.

--But ma, I don’t wanna go to bed!

--But you have to work tomorrow.

--Do I have to? Do I really have to?

--(heavy sigh of resignation)


Snippets from This Evening's Playlist:
Au Pairs Live in Berlin
Richard & Linda ThompsonI Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight
Dolly PartonMy Tennessee Mountain Home
T-RexTanx
The Taj-Mahal TravellersJuly 15, 1972
Duke EllingtonUptown
Parliament Up for the Down Stroke
Bob DylanLive 1964 - Concert At Philharmonic Hall - Disc Two
Fiendin' for more skullbloggery? Scour the archives: