<<< Tuesday, January 18, 2005 >>>


Mixed Up: The LCD Funster

Phew! I am now one disc and one-third of the way through a planned three-CDR trilogy which I have christened The LCD Funster Mixes. The background: we are hosting a small get-together for some of Jodi’s work friends this weekend, and I wanted to have a few discs worth of material that I could just throw on so I would not constantly worry about what twelve-incher to throw on next.

Rule number one: Know your audience.Work friends” covers a broad spectrum of folks, with entirely different, and many times conflicting, tastes in music. These are people for whom music is not at the center of their lives—difficult for someone like me to imagine. An audience and a setting for which the value of obscurity plummets—the only thing that matters is keeping the party going.

That’s my explanation for the relative mainstream-edness of what follows. It may seem odd, but there are in fact people out there who’ve never heard of the Arcade Fire, and that’s who the LCD Funster is for, indie cred be damned.

Roll disc one…

01 The ClashLondon Calling
02 Bon JoviYou Give Love a Bad Name
03 Beastie BoysJimmy James
04 Johnny CashGet Rhythm
05 Stevie WonderI Was Made to Love Her
06 PavementCut Yr Hair
07 Human LeagueDon’t You Want Me
08 Cheap TrickSurrender
09 Ol’ Dirty BastardGot Yr Money
10 Ike & TinaContact High
11 RHCPScar Tissue
12 Beatles I’ve Just Seen a Face
13 Modest MouseFloat On
14 PoisonTalk Dirty to Me
15 Afghan Whigs Creep
16 Rick SpringfieldDon’t Talk to Strangers
17 Stars Elevator Love Letter
18 Link WrayRumble
19 Jackson 5I Want You Back
20 2Pac2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted
21 Shuggie OtisStrawberry Letter 23
22 The AnimalsMisunderstood
23 Flamin’ Groovies Bam Balam
24 Samantha FoxI Wanna Have Some Fun
25 Elvis PresleyThat’s All Right

Two more of these to go. Should be fun. Definitely will be a fun listen.

I got so much other stuff on my mind, but alas, look at the time. Too tired. More tomorrow. Peace to the noiseboy, the original Mixed Up One.

N/P CanThe Free Concert DVD
Fiendin' for more skullbloggery? Scour the archives: