<<< Monday, January 31, 2005 >>>


Placeholder for a Post

Damn, you leave for four freakin’ days and yr entire life goes to pot. Well, not really, of course. But besides unpacking, there’s a ton of emails to read and respond to, a crapload of blog postings to catch up with, ten LPs sold on ebay to package up and ship out, the balancing of financial statements, paying of bills, expensing of expenses, dirty clothes to launder, mail to open, Tivo’d shows to watch, new CDs and records to get my head around...

It’s overwhelming. Plus, there’s that job thang. What I wouldn’t give to call in sick tomorrow. But I already did that last Monday, and I took a half-day the Friday before that. I like my job and the free trips to NYC and LA, so best not to rock the boat.

I had a great time in the Big City. You’ll get the blow-by-blow tomorrow, along with a complete inventory of record purchases. (Or, more accurately, later today–gee whiz, look at the time, it’s Monday already.)

Right now I gots ta catch me some zzzz’s, or I won’t be worth two shits in the mornin'.

But first, three cheers for all the purple fingers in Iraq. However flawed the election might have been, whatever problems there were, it could have been so, so, so much worse. I give thanks for that. Let us hope that this really is the turning point.

N/P Roky EricksonDon’t Slander Me

Fiendin' for more skullbloggery? Scour the archives: